Sunday, October 17, 2010

My struggle

I have 8am classes every day so I wake up at about 6:30. Wellll, I TRY to wake up every day at 6:30. Lately, I've been at odds with my sleep self. I call him Sleep Miles and he's my worst enemy. The worst part is he's beating me with his eyes closed. The first battle happened one morning when I woke up an hour after my alarm with my phone in my hand. It was on silent and 4 of my 5 alarms were turned completely off. Furious with Sleep Miles, I got a watch with an alarm to fool him.

I woke up to my watch alarm the first day, haven't woken up to it since. Sleep Miles adapts faster than I can fool him. I figured the best plan of attack was to move my alarm so I'd have to get up to turn it off. Next day I woke up 20 minutes late, phone in hand and on silent, and all my alarms except 1 turned off. The last one was on snooze but the phone was on silent so it didn't matter. That means Sleep Miles had to physically GET UP, find the phone, take it off where I had it HANGING, turn off the alarms, put the phone on silent, and get back in bed.

My latest idea is that I hung my phone in a different spot off of a pipe so it was right next to my ear or face, cranked the volume up, set my alarm on my watch and tried to sleep with it by my ear, and he still ALMOST BEAT ME! I just happened to wake up with 2 alarms still about to go off and I was on time. Tonight, the battle begins again. We shall see who is the victor.

Power user.

No comments:

Post a Comment